Welcome to the User Guide for the Kalkan Town Location Code (KTLC).
If you need help with our location code maps, you should find an answer here. Change to Turkish/Türkçe görüntüle:
If your question is not covered here, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. You can send a message using the Contact Us tab, at the top of this page.
KTLN has created a set of Kalkan location codes, which operate in a similar way to post codes or zip codes.
We have also created an online system which will enable you to find a location code, and to identify where in Kalkan the code is. You can even search on street names, or the names of specific villas, apartments and hotels.
Every single home and business in Kalkan, (within the town plan), can have a KTLC. New properties being built, will automatically come within a code area.
The purpose of these codes is to help people find places in Kalkan, more easily.
A local initiative
The KTLC makes use of the official town plan, as used by government departments and architects. Kalkan Turkish Local News has sought, and received permission to use these maps.
However, we wish to point out that this is not an official government scheme, nor is it compulsory. It is a local initiative from the Kalkan Turkish Local News team, and it is up to individuals to decide if they wish to use this system, or not.
We would also like to point out that the town of Kalkan does have an official post code, which is 07960. Our location code in no way replaces this. You should still use the official post code in correspondence.
The code structure explained
The format of the code is in four parts: There are two primary letters and a number, followed by a secondary letter and number. For example, KZ29 T12.
Part 1 – 2 characters: (KZ29 T12)
These two characters represent the area or district of Kalkan. Here is the list of possible characters, and what they mean. Köyiçi means 'in the village' - it's the old town centre.
|CODES ||ENGLISH ||TURKISH |
|KK ||KOMURLUK ||KÖMÜRLÜK |
|KM ||KALAMAR ||KALAMAR |
|KS ||KISLA ||KIŞLA |
|KY ||KOYICI ||KÖYİÇİ |
|KZ ||KIZILTAS ||KIZILTAŞ |
|OA ||ORTAALAN ||ORTAALAN |
Part 2 – a number: (KZ29 T12)
This number reflects the road/street number close to the property, and is derived from the road/street number appearing on official town plans.
These numbers also appear on signs across town, where they are preceded by the letters ‘TN’.
For example, Selvi Sokak is TN: 64, and Istiklal Caddesi is TN: 8.
Part 3 – a character: (KZ29 T12)
This is a randomly generated character, which when combined with other parts of the code, will provide a unique number. Generally speaking, characters closer to the start of the alphabet, are closer to the sea.
Characters used are: A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; J; K; L; M; N; P; R; S; T; U; V; Y & Z.
Excluded characters are: I; O; Q; W & X, plus Turkish characters Ç; Ğ; I; İ; Ö; Ş & Ü.
Part 4 – a number (KZ9 T12)
This is a randomly generated number, of 1 or 2 digits, which when combined with other parts of the code, will provide a unique number.
Use the KTLC with an existing address
This location code is intended to be used in conjunction with an existing address. It is not meant to stand alone, as an alternative. The address plus the code, can be used to more easily identify the location of a property.
We recommend that property and business owners identify their specific KTLC, so they can provide it to others who need to locate their property.
We also suggest adding your villa or apartment name, so that people can search for that too. Add Your Custom KTLC Location
Who can use a Location Code?
Everyone, who has access to a computer. You do not need to be a KTLN member. There is no charge for using the system.
Where can the Location Codes be found?How to use the KTLC system
They are available on the KTLN web site, on the Kalkan Town Location Code home page.
There are four ways in which you can use this system.
1. You know where a property is in Kalkan (maybe it is your own property), and you wish to find out what the location code is for that property.
Look at the map of Kalkan and click on the square where you think the property is. This will take you to a detailed map, displaying unique location codes. Look at this detailed map to find the property you are searching for, and make a note of the location code.
2. You already have a location code and you wish to find out where it is in Kalkan.
All you have to do is type the code into the search box, and then click 'Search'. We will direct you to the area of Kalkan where the location code can be found.
3. You already have a property name and you wish to find out where it is in Kalkan.
All you have to do is type the name of the villa/apartment/hotel into the search box, and then click 'Search'. We will direct you to the area of Kalkan where the property can be found.
Please note that for villas, apartments and hotels, the search database is only as good as the data that is input. We rely on KTLN members to add property names into the database. If you notice that a specific property is not shown, then please help us by adding it.
To add a villa or apartment or hotel, go to this page: Add Your Custom KTLC Location
4. You don't have a location code, but you have a street name, and you would like to find out where it is.
All you have to do is type the street name into the search box, and then click 'Search'. We will direct you to the area of Kalkan where the street can be found.
Please note that sometimes, location codes or street names may be split across more than one square of the grid map. Where this happens we will highlight the grid location for each square.
How this system will be useful - some examples
The Kalkan grid map
1. Renting a property: If you rent out your Kalkan property, add your villa/apartment name to our database, so people will know where you are. Conversely, if you are thinking of renting a property in Kalkan, and you can't see it in our database, ask the owners if they will add it, to help you understand where you will be staying.
2. Airport transfer to Kalkan: Provide your villa/apartment name, plus the KTLC to the transfer company before they set off, so they can identify the precise location. Anyone, including transfer companies can easily access these codes. No more driving around, looking for the property. That's good for you and for them.
3. Ordering a taxi: You phone the taxi rank, to give them the name of your property, plus your KTLC. They can use the computer in their main office, to search for your code on the KTLN web site, and hey presto - they know where to find you.
4. Ordering take away food: When you phone up, give them your villa/apartment name, plus your KTLC, and a few mouse clicks later, they know where to deliver your food.
5. You have an important letter arriving: Providing the sender shows your full address, including the KTLC, in the bottom left corner of the letter, the post office (PTT), has got more chance of finding you. By the way, do you have a letterbox?
6. You want the supermarket to deliver your shopping to your villa: By giving them your villa/apartment name and KTLC, they can quickly search online to find your precise location. No problem.
7. Visiting people: Maybe you are visiting someone in Kalkan, and you are not sure where they are. Ask them for their full address, including their KTLC, and check it out on our web site. You will quickly discover their location. It couldn't be easier.
We have created a map of Kalkan town, displayed in a grid of 72 squares (A to F x 1 to 12).
Of these 72 squares, only 38 contain location codes. The remaining squares are either the sea, or land where there is little or no property. Where there are no location codes, we do not provide a more detailed map.
What about properties outside of the town plan?
We have to draw the line somewhere. Our system is based upon the town plan for Kalkan, so it is not possible to extend the scope at the current time. For example, Ulugöl, Kördere and La Vanta are not included.
Map image quality
Some details in the map images are not 100% clear. We appreciate this, however we can only work with the plans as they are. If something is not easy to read, you can always contact us, and we will try to help you.
Copyright for the town plan is held by the Kalkan Belediye Planning Department, and copyright for the Kalkan Town Location Codes belongs to Kalkan Turkish Local News, so we would respectfully ask you please, not to copy any images without permission.
Linking to the KTLC home page
You may put a link to the Kalkan Town Location Code home page on your web site, without seeking permission. Here are the links:
KTLC in English: http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/ktlc
KTLC in Turkish: http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/ktlc?lang=tr
You can also add a link to a specific detailed map – perhaps showing a property you own. Just copy the URL from that page. For example, here is a link for the old town centre, grid reference E6:
Old Town (Köyiçi): http://kalkan.turkishlocalnews.com/portal/ktlc?view=E6#topofmain
Tell us what you think
If you have any feedback about the Kalkan Town Location Codes we would love to hear from you. If you have suggestions for improvement, or if you have found the service especially helpful, please let us know.
If you are experiencing any problems using the system, don't hesitate to contact us, and we will do our best to assist.
KTLN would like to thank the following for their help and support in our work to prepare this service:
- Kalkan Belediye Planning Department
- Murat Minnetoğlu & Meltem Boynueğri Minnetoğlu from İdil Harita İmar.
- Serdar and Şemsa Özcan from Eylül Tasarım.
- Cenk Toparlakli from Parc Kalkan
- Kader Güneş, lawyer and certified translator
Kalkan Turkish Local News - your window on Kalkan Turkey.
Love KTLN. Love Kalkan
Like us on Facebook