Thursday, 26 February 2009
Well over 6,000 people have registered with Kalkan Turkish Local News, making it Kalkan's most popular web site.
When you register as a KTLN member you get so much!
Here is the deal.
The public (unregistered users) can:
As a registered member you get all the above, plus you can:
- read local news stories;
- access national and international news;
- locate businesses by using our up to date and comprehensive Business Directory;
- access our Knowledge Bank - lots of useful information, all in one place, including Emergency Information;
- use our interactive Kalkan Business Map to locate over 450 places of interest, such as banks and restaurants;
- find places in Kalkan by using the Kalkan Town Location Code (KTLC);
- see stunning 'virtual reality' images in our Kalkan 360o Virtual Tour, (from Nov 2011);
- access our very popular Day In The Life profiles of local Kalkan people;
- check out the What's On Calendar to see what's happening in Kalkan;
- look at our advice articles on Emergency Situations (in the Main Menu)
- see the latest KTLN Kalkan Weather 2 day forecast,
- enrich your life with our Totally Trivial Turkish Titbits;
- use the Google Translator - impress your friends;
- improve your Turkish every day by using the Ten Second Turkish feature;
- check the latest savings rates on offer, from the banks in Kalkan,
- check the last 5 days bank exchange rates for Turkish Lira (against both the pound & the euro), and
- see the latest exchange rates on offer from shops in Kalkan town.
- see the latest KTLN Kalkan Weather 14 day forecast;
- benefit from exclusive offers we have negotiated for members - e.g. at Dalaman airport;
- view the Photo Gallery, and submit your own photos for publication;
- provide star ratings for your favourite Kalkan businesses, and
- check out the KTLN Live Webcams providing six stunning views, in and around Kalkan.
If you want to read KTLN on your portable device (iPod, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry etc), we have created a view especially for you at www.iKalkan.com. You can read about it here: iKalkan
Where we find other quality websites that may be of interest to Kalkan lovers we will provide links so that you can access them from one place. For example, you will find links to websites that provide flight information, Turkish cooking, national and international news etc.
Occasionally, we may refer you to Turkish language websites. Where we do, you may find it handy to use Google Translate to translate the web pages for you. It's not perfect by any means, but it's not too bad. Why not give it a try?
KTLN is brought to you by volunteers. Nobody here gets paid. Which means you get all of this quality content absolutely free.
Problems registering with us? Please read our FAQs
Kalkan Turkish Local News - your window on Kalkan Turkey.
Love KTLN. Love Kalkan.
Like us on Facebook
Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 August 2012